- Newborn session may take 3 to 5 hours to get a sufficient number of pictures for your selection. This is because we have to cater for baby’s feeds and changes if baby poos/pees during the session (and it happens 95% of the time!)
- Newborns are best photographed between 3 to 10 days old as their bodies are more flexible and they are more sleepy, hence making them easier to handle. However, I have photographed babies older than that too, so feel free to contact me if you are unsure.
- It will be easier to handle a well- fed, sleepy baby, so try to feed/ nurse baby 30 minutes before the session.
- Safety of the baby will be of utmost importance.
- I will provide some of the props like baskets, blankets, wraps or headbands etc but you may want to include your own items or belongings which hold special meaning to your baby or family.
- Parents are sometimes photographed together with baby and it will be good if you can have co-ordinated outfits for family shots.
- Daddies are usually advised to prepare a set of black clothing as their clothes sometimes form the backdrop for some of the poses. Mummies can dress in black or white.
- As close-up shots of parents holding the baby are usually taken, it will be nicer on the eye if your nails are neatly manicured before the session.
Babies and Children Session
- Do try to prep your child before the session by telling him/ her that an auntie will be coming to play/ take pictures of them. I usually bring a treat like a small toy/ sweets for them. This helps to break the ice.
- Do try to make sure that the child is well rested and fed before the session.
Couples / Family / Maternity Session
- Do try to co-ordinate outfits. If you are unsure, feel free to ask me before the session.
- For pregnant mums, it will be good if you can prepare black/ white tube tops before the session.
- Do make sure you are also well rested before the session.
Finally, lean back, relax and enjoy the session. After all, it’s about having fun and creating your own special memories!